Vane Shear Testing
Our slip vane is designed to measure a friction free shear strength value. In certain soil conditions serveral readings can be made with direct penatration of the instrument without pre-drilling.
OnTrack Slip Vane
- Before advancing the vane the rods are rotated 120° counter clockwise.
- Rods and Vane is advanced to the next testing level.
- Using the torque wrench the rods are turned clock wise. During the first 120° the vane is not turning, so the measured torque represents the rod/soil friction.
- Further turning now turns the vane for regular torque readings.
- Friction torque reading is deducted from the shear torque reading. To obtain a friction free Shear Strength Value.
To view Shear Strength Graph, download here.