THE GEOTECHNICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR SITE INVESTIGATION SERVICES
- Unless prior to mobilization the Contractor agreed to other arrangements, the contract is strictly between the Contractor and the Consultant.
- Equipment and supply requirements shall be clearly listed by the Consultant prior to the quotation. Changes in such requirements after the quotation will require changes to the proposed rates.
- The Consultant shall outline all conditions of the work affecting costs prior to the quotation. In the event of changes, rates affected by the changes are to be renegotiated prior to the commencement of work.
- In the event that a project is cancelled after authorization to proceed, the Consultant is responsible for any costs incurred by the Contractor relating to preparing / mobilization for the project.
- Responsibility to ensure that the underground services are identified rest solely with the Consultant. It is therefore the responsibility of the Consultant as Inspector to locate the buried services and to direct the Driller exactly where to start each hole, by clearly marking hole locations in order to avoid hitting services.
- Prior to the commencement of the project, the Consultants shall notify the Contractor of any occupational health and safety issues relating to carry out the scope of work.
- That Contractor shall be reimbursed by the Consultant for all down hole equipment that is lost or broken, at replacement cost less 20%.
- Wear of all down hole tooling will be charged at repair cost.
- Where a Contractor is asked to provide an estimate, the invoiced amount shall be based on the actual hours involved, NOT on the original estimate. The invoiced amount may therefore be lower or it may be higher than the original estimate. Where the Consultant wants a firm price for the work, a lump sum or a footage price quote, should be requested and agreed upon.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- In case of a dispute over the invoiced amount, the Consultant shall notify the Contractor immediately and not later than 7 days after receipt of the invoice.
- Payment in full withn 60 days of invoice date.
- Credit will not be extended beyond these terms.
FOR SPECIAL CONDITIONS OR EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES THE CONTRACTOR, MAY, AT THE REQUEST OF THE CLIENT, NEGOTIATE EXTRAORDINARY TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Need environmental, geotechnical or ODEX drilling? Get a FREE quote!
Get Free Quote